February 29, 2012

Going Batty!

Dear Emma:


Things have been a little "batty" around here lately.  


First off, we had a really heavy snow!  It was pretty but wet and it only lasted for a few days.




Then we celebrated Grandma Kapfer's birthday.  The next day Chelly and Jaron got engaged, and that leads us to now...


Last night Paul and I were supposed to get a lot of edging done.  We are having a paint party tonight with his parents and my parents, so that we can have the kitchen and living room all painted and awesome by the time you arrive next week.  In order to keep up with Paul's painting plan we needed to get that edging done.  Well anyways, Paul was down in the basement getting our rollers and pans and then suddenly I heard him running up the stairs... "There is a bat."  "WHAT?!?!? AHHHH NOOOOOO.... should I call my dad, should you call your dad?!?!"  Paul armed himself with a broom, gloves, and a plastic bag and ventured downstairs.  He hunted that bat for almost two hours to no avail.  I even had to stomp around upstairs hoping it would motivate the bat out of hiding... it didn't (and let me just tell you that the stomping hurt my tailbone... I forgot to tell you I fell down my stairs when I found out that Chel was engaged and I have a bruised tailbone).  


Finally we gave up on the bat for the night.  We decided to run to Taco Bell for some quick food since our night was going so horribly wrong and when we got back to the house we shut our house key in the garage and were locked out in the rain.  Luckily Paul's dad came over with the spare key and we made it into the house.  


I am so mad at that bat!  


Can't wait to see you!  1 week and 1 day!


Love-Anna



No comments:

Post a Comment