February 29, 2012

Never Before Have I....

Hey there,
Since we are leaving India today Lish and I have been playing this game we created called "Never before have I..."
Turns out it's a little more difficult for me after our time in China, I'm sure you understand why!!
So here's a few of our favorites...enjoy!!

Never before have I...
- seen so many women wearing such brightly colored saris and men wearing skirts
- seen traffic jams full of pedestrians, rickshaws, tuk tuks and cars unable to move
- heard so many horns blaring unnecessarily I think my hearing has been permanently effected
- eaten so much dirt in my cornflakes
- seen people eating with their hands then ferociously licking them clean as if it was a delicious dessert
- seen camels overloaded as work vehicles
- been in a tuk tuk which is about to collide head on with a group of cows sitting in the middle of the road
- seen such beauty and such filth combined in the one landscape
- seen people jumping out of the way of cows running through the street
- seen such cruelty to animals
- seen a dead body wrapped in a blanket carried through busy streets
- had the pleasure of viewing a young boy standing on a fence taking a poo
- had so many people putting their hands out for money rather than getting a job or going to school
- seen so many people manipulating others for a free hand out
- been around so many stray dogs laying on roads and roofs
- seen an Indian woman urinate standing up and only holding her sari slightly off the ground then leave without wiping or shaking!!
- dropped the standards of food I am willing to eat to a ridiculous low
- shared a naan with a cow at the train station
- been surrounded by so many men who do nothing but stare and ogle at me
- been viewed frequently as a dollar sign
- seen people bath and wash their clothes and dishes in dirty river water where rubbish and body parts are dumped
- watched a body burn on the side of the Ganges River and feel like I've taken an ash shower
- enjoyed watching movies I couldn't understand a word of

No comments:

Post a Comment