January 27, 2012

Fish Spa and Kittens

Hey A,
Today I had my first fish spa. This is where you put your feet into fish tanks and the little fish eat the dry skin off your feet. I had seen this before in Thailand but never really wanted to try it before seeing it here in Goa.
We first had our feet washed then as soon as you put your feet into the tank your feet are mobbed by hundreds of fish. It's the strangest feeling at first feeling the dry skin being pulled from your feet and seriously ticklish!!
Once I started to relax it was a really good experience and my feet feel much smoother.
While we were at the fish spa a guy pulled 3 teeny tiny kittens out of a box he had rescued and started feeding them cow milk from a babies bottle. This horrified me as cats are lactose intolerant so this really upsets their stomachs and is generally bad for their health. I got talking to the guy and offered him some advice on taking care of them. They are so adorable just fitting in the palm of my hand, but constantly meowing as they are riddled with flees. My heart really went out to these poor little creatures so I'm heading back there tomorrow to help bath and get rid of some of the fleas. This trip has really made me realize how much of an animal lover I really am, even though you had been telling me this years ago!
Missing you,
E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment