January 23, 2012

Memory Monday [4]

Today is the start of Chinese New Year!  Back when we were living in Beijing, Emma and I rang in the year of the rat with style!  It was a little bit scary as there were fireworks going off everywhere... and not all of them were pointed for the sky!  




I was especially nervous... Emma and I were about to embark on our journey around South East Asia and I didn't want to risk being injured!




I don't think hiding behind the Diet Coke bottle made me safer from all the fireworks (but it was worth a try!)...




Just a small sample of what was in store for the night. 




The next day we went to the temple fair.  It was really crowded but so cool to see!  There were food and merchandise booths, red lanterns everywhere, and some interesting entertainment options (remember the singing?).  



So much fun!  I am going to learn how to make jiaozi and then next year we can celebrate here with sparklers, mahjong, and red decorations!  

No comments:

Post a Comment