January 10, 2012

Fashion Faux Pas of the Average Backpacker

Namaste A,
As you know I have always been interested in fashion and taken pride in my appearance. Now that I am a backpacker once again I am less rigid about what I wear and how my hair looks and more focused on warmth and comfort (within reason). But seeing other backpackers around I'm ashamed for them!!! When was wearing a blanket around your shoulders a replacement for a jacket? (I have seen this countless times...are people really that lazy to buy a jacket?) Or wearing black 3/4 leggings with white fancy lace around the bottom with black socks pulled up and flip flops ok? I admit I have subjected myself to wearing socks with flip flops but only on wash day or when my hiking boots had to be tossed away and a replacement found.
I remember how we took pride in our appearance when we travelled around south east Asia and always looked cute even for long bus rides.
Maybe times have changed or perhaps because the climate is different here in India or the age of the hippie is making a strong comeback or perhaps some people have just been traveling WAY toooo long but the things I'm seeing really do astound me!
E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment