January 31, 2012

I Found Paradise in India

Hey,
I never thought I would find paradise in India, then I arrived in Goa. It's a lot bigger than I imagined with the north and south being two and a half hours apart by car.




We started in the north and had our first Indian beach experience here. You will remember what it was like in both Thailand and Cambodia where you are constantly hassled to purchase food, clothes and jewelry on the beach, well the north of Goa is exactly the same but you have the added nuisance of large groups of men just hanging around. They show way too much affection towards one another while starring at us which is a huge deterrent for us to go swimming. Plus there's only so many photos I want of me in a bikini floating around India and the Internet!! Haha (Indian men are known to take photos of foreign girls and pretending they are their "easy" western girlfriend.)




The south of Goa is a world apart, with less crowded beaches and no sellers allowed on the beach...woohoo!! Palolem Beach is lined with palm trees hanging over huts and with restaurants flowing out onto the sand. I had always wanted to stay in a beach hut so we rented one while we were here. It's so great walking out the door and being able to see the beach and hear the waves at night. I love never needing to wear shoes as everything you need here you can get with the sand between your toes...plus I finally got to swim!
Tomorrow we leave this paradise for the chaos of Colombo, Sri Lanka. It's a little sad leaving this place as it was leaving our 3 tiny now flea free kittens in the north.


Hopefully I will return soon...with my favorite American travel companion!! (Hint hint!!)
Miss you,
E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment